Thursday, April 9, 2015

A to Z - "H" is for How To

I have written 2 How-To's that got published. The publication is no longer active, and my How-To scripts are outdated now. They were both tongue-in-cheek and in no way a valid reference to real tips. But they were fun.

This seems to be a great way to get on Amazon Kindle. Write or compile a bunch of How-To's, without any copyright issues, mind you, and publish a series one right after the other, with good covers, and boom, you're a sensation.


Well, it works the first few times. Then the fad goes away and people stop buying them.

The point is, have a quality product, make it look like a quality product, an sell it. Series' of products work best.

Would this really work?

I don't know, but that's been the gist of a few webinars making the rounds. I hope it does work. I hope it does because it is worth a try. I hope people find good reading worth investing in. One day, I want to be that writer who publishes good reading.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

1 comment:

Chrys Fey said...

Quality is very important when you publish a book.

-Chrys Fey
Tremp’s Troops - A to Z Co-co-host
Write with Fey