Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Good Morning Muse

Becoming blogger-in-chief has led to being more active than ever for the Ficly cause. Already we've had some heat by a character who likes to stir the pot, and some debate over comments versus rating.

When the muse is on holiday, I don't feel like paying attention to challenges and writing stories. I've been reading and commenting in lieu of writing my own. I was spurred on by a series for a while, but it took a hiatus when my co-writer began con-lang-ing. So I picked up the axe and began grinding. Reading, commenting, and entering challenges has led to a couple new story ideas.

Go figure!

I think I'm waking up my muse.

And I love it.

"For every day you take off from writing, your muse will take off three!" So true.

I've waited all summer for the muse to light a fire in my creativity. It's a small flame right now. I've got fuel, I've got oxygen, I just need more heat!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: