Thursday, January 20, 2011

Writing This Week

I started the week off being sick in my intestines. I had this same thing two weeks ago, actually 10 days before this round started. It's not fun. So I spent a lot of time sitting, and I should have been writing, right? Right.

Well, I am blogging for 30 days, and I kept that up.
In addition, I worked on two stories on ficly.com.

The Final Days of Herb Tulliver: A pyromaniac fireman has a heartattack and a mission; to kill for revenge.

An Angry Guilt: A girl laments falling in love with the wrong guy, or is he?

Then, there are the websites. I always end up with tabs and tabs open, all interesting writing related websites. I've decided to share my findings here, not only so you can enjoy them (how sweet of me) but so I don't lose them!

Writing Contests:
Kids@Random - Submissions should consist of a book-length manuscript with a contemporary setting that will be suitable for readers ages 12 to 18.
Glass Woman Prize- a work of short fiction or creative non-fiction (prose) written by a woman.  Length: between 50 and 5,000 words. (Bring your A+ game, ladies!)
Writers of the Future - Sci-fi or fantasy works of prose, up to 17,000 words in length.

And a publishing goal:

I also joined Critique Circle and Fanstory, two websites where you can submit for reader critiques. I prefer Critique Circle, because it is easier and quicker to earn 'points' to post your own story for feedback.

And that's all for today! Tune in next week for round 2! (I know I will have more links.)

No comments: