Thursday, February 10, 2011

Writing Update, With Links!

I have been COLLABORATING on the epic Children's novel with my co-author for two weeks. Man, does it ever feel good! The new edits to the plot and setting that he has sent me so far made me giddy.

I found Tate Publishing, and wonder if they might enjoy the children's novel? They are a Christian publisher, and we are pushing the boundaries of Love in this story, along with fantastic elements. Morally, it is sound. Theologically, it is non-denominational.

Right now, the burden of work is on him, so I am free to work on other projects; like the missing screenplay that I finished and let Google Docs eat. I deleted it, I guess, without making extra sure I had a complete backup saved.

Or I could choose to polish up one of my short stories for a writing contest, or my self-publishing endeavor.

LINKS THIS WEEK

If you have a true, inspirational stories of 1200 words or less that will make readers laugh, cry, or sigh, submit to Thin Threads. Stories should be positive, universal, and non-controversial. No essays, commentaries, tributes, philosophical or biographical pieces will be accepted.

And it is Writer's Journal Contest time again! These are great prompts!

February 20, 2011
Standing under the...

April 20, 2011
The road wasn't on the map, but...

June 20, 2011
The man grinned as...

WriterAdvice.com is looking for flash fiction, memoir, and creative non-fiction that grabs, surprises, and mesmerizes readers in fewer than 750 words. $10 entry fee.

Fairy Tale magazine
Submissions for Enchanted Conversation will be open 2/21-2/24, with a theme of Rumpelstiltskin. Max 2000 words; no longer than 1500 preferred. (They're having a giveaway at the moment if you mention the contest!)

Spencer Hill (scroll down to blue area, UnCONventional) is looking for short story submissions that take place at fantasy/sci-fi conventions or other gatherings in which the convention/conference itself is just the cover for something supernatural or fantastic. Imagine time travelers using a steampunk con to cover their attempt to open a portal to return to their own times, werewolves holding a beauty pageant at a dog show, or vampires holding a treaty summit at Dragon*Con. Deadline:July 1st

(See, I can share!)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: