Monday, November 29, 2010

Torture and Grit and Guts

You knew I could do it!

I finished the Diary story (see 1st draft excerpt below) and wow did I take it on twists and turns! I made her life so horrible.. well, when I described it to a friend, she said the events would drive the MC to suicide! I had to balance it with happy moments. Normally I'm not so ruthless to my characters, but it was so much fun to torture this poor girl that I just couldn't stop setting up disasters in her path!

I have some MAJOR editing to do! But I am looking forward to it. I am also planning to write new scenes for the Aurist, because a couple I wrote for the ending are kind of lame. I'm pretty sure I have the notes here somewhere.. *shuffles papers on desk*

Anyway, I am ready to get down to the gritty task of editing. *rolls up sleeves* It takes a lot of guts to see your beloved story as objectively as possible and cut whole sections into ribbons. But there is no glory without the guts!

This could get messy!


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: