Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Writing Through the Doldrums: In Which I Interview Myself

Nothing feels better than getting everything finished in the morning so you can spend the rest of the day writing! Right? RIGHT?!

I am working again on my WIP (work in progress) and it is taking its toll. I want to get to the fun parts to write, and I'm stuck with trudging through transitions to get there!

How do you get through the doldrums in your work?

I am motivated to get to the fun parts, so I just keep writing. I know that every word I write is one more closer to the goal.

But I need some motivation sometimes.

What do you use for motivation?

I find that chatting with another writer often lights a fire under my creativity. The sparks pop and sizzle and the flames lick at my brain, creating a flow of energy. Heat makes molecules move faster, and so the creative fire makes words zip from my fingertips. :)

Huh. I just interviewed myself. Does this count as Journaling??

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: