Wednesday, December 23, 2015

I'm Slowly Returning

There has been a lot of things going on in my life that have NOT included writing. It sucks.

BUT

I did come back home to fiction with a little piece called Tink, Wink, and Nudge.

"Hey, Tinkerbell!" Nudge catcalled.

"Stop calling ME THAT!" Tink's glow turned red and she hovered above her twin Wink.

"It's the only way I can tell you apart! You two look alike."

The truth was, Wink was a cerulean blue and rather stout, not to mention male, while Tink was green, lithe, and female. Nudge just had to push others' buttons. 

Tink punched him in the arm, but he was so portly, it only wobbled like jelly. He giggled. The three had been friends since they were rung into being.

Tink ducked back down behind the plastic holly leaf and calmed her red light. The stakeout had only just started and already she'd had enough of the two boys. "Shh."

If a fairy wasn't vigilant, they'd miss their only opportunity to ask for one wish from the greatest magical being of all time.

The mantle clock clicked midnight. There was a speck of sparkle on the hearth below. Tink jumped from behind the holly and yelled, "SANTA!"

An old elf turned his bearded face in shock, frozen in mid-appear, then grinned in relief.



Yeah, so I got a little festive this holiday season, but hey, I wrote some fiction.

And I promise to only get better as I return to my roots.

No comments: