Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Simplest Editing Technique EVER!

I was reading blogs commended by writers in Twitter, and stumbled upon a simple editing strategy I realized I was not utilizing.

Reading My Stories Aloud

This is particularly helpful for dialogue as J.L. Stratton points out in his blog post. Not only does he give me the ultimate facepalm with his simple revelation that reading dialogue aloud the way it's meant to be heard is great editing strategy, but he also reminds us that there are ways to indicate the speaker INSIDE the quotes so you don't have to use he said/she said all the time. Genius!

So, I'm taking my epic fantasy novel that has been plaguing me and reading it aloud.

RIGHT NOW.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

1 comment:

True Life and Fiction said...

Thanks for linking to my post. I can't believe it, I'm somebody now!

Stay tuned for more exciting info. I'm getting ready to post my thoughts on the art and practice of "Manscaping."