Friday, May 28, 2010

Found It

“We shouldn’t be poking around in here! It’s a brain, Walter.” I complain as I step over another pile of discarded memories.

“I found it!” he exclaims from some far off corner.

“Found what?” I shake something like a spider web from my arm.

“The key!” I hear him getting closer, jogging past me with a silly grin on his face.

“The key to what?”

“The key to everything!” he calls over his shoulder, now hidden behind a wall of boxes.

“What are you talking about?! There is no key to everything.” I pick my way over to him.

“Help me!” He commands, clearly struggling with something near the floor.

“Help you what?”

“Turn it!”

“This isn’t going to work, you can’t turn on a person like a wind up toy, you c….. Oh.” The ‘key’ did turn. All above us lightning flashed and echoed, making the hair on my body stand up all at once.

Squinting in the new purple glow, I made out Walter’s face, mouth open in complete awe. Soon, the strewn boxes and items began sorting themselves out, as if magnetically attracted to order


(I have been watching too much "Fringe")

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: