Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Just Sit Down and Write!

Summer has finally torn the shackles of work and college classes from my wrists! Encouraged by my friend for whom I have promised to edit a manuscript and jumping back onto ficly.com (my love), I have returned to the writing world.

I feel like I have lost more than the 10 months I was 'gone'. Everything moves so fast in the technological age. I don't even know where to begin again.

Tips for essentially a newbie? I was using Smashwords, Createspace, Ficly, Protagonize (rarely), Bookrix (rarely) and Red Room (very rarely). I can always begin there.

First I feel like I need to get in my own space, in my own Word Document and just write. Really, it all begins there, doesn't it? When I am ready to show my work to the world, I have options.
http://www.nancypeske.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bigstock_story_2226743.jpg

I might inspire someone else. If I do this, others may follow me, be in awe of me, and tell me that they admire me.

But it’s not fame or admiration I want. That is not motivation enough. If I do this, I have to do it for me.

Fear is such a terrible enemy. I am stronger than fear. If I bust through this wall, there is no telling how much farther I will go.

Stop listening to the voice inside. Take a deep breath and swallow the pride, fear, and simply feel the rush of exhilaration.

Just do it. Go. Now.

Written Feb 13, 2013 on ficly.com by me. Just Do It

No comments: