Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Grammar Nazis!! A Confession


I have a confession to make:

I will not share/repost anything on facebook that has bad grammar. It could be the best sentiment, the cutest picture, or something I feel strongly about, but if it has misspellings, errant capital letters, or poor grammar and syntax, it's not going on my wall.


My wall is relatively silent these days.

(And what's with throwing a Minion on EVERYTHING??!! That's annoying.)

Some people need a brush-up on their grammar!

Since all the big blogs with tons of viewers full of "clickbait" and with titles that sometime lie are linking to each other to gain views, I'm going to do it too!

Top 10 Grammar Myths

I enjoyed this article, actually, and feel it needs mentioning. Although I, for one, feel that the apostrophe at the end of a word ending in 's' has a purpose to show possession by one or many things, so I sort of agree with that rule and I sort of don't. Mentally, I'd correct the misuse of s' or 's on the word based on the context of the sentence of paragraph.

Please use correct grammar. Impress me.

I dare you.
http://www.grammarly.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/grammar-attractiveness.png

In other Grammar news, I am terribly offensive with commas. They are EVERYWHERE! When I edit, I have to cut out so many commas, were they really falling to the floor around me, it would look like a haircut.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqr84iBJRi1qzafhpo1_500.jpg

But better to have commas, than to not!


And that's all I have to say about that.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: